|By Magister danko (Own work), |
via Wikimedia Commons
I am an international student currently in the US - what should I do?
- Do not travel outside the US while the executive order is in effect. You may not be able to come back! Don’t risk it.
- Be in touch with the international office at your university to understand how they can support you through this period.
- Carefully read the executive order and its implications on you.
- Continue to follow, as additional countries may be added to the list while others may be removed pending the review process that will end in 90-120 days.
- If your country is not on the list, you will most likely be able to pursue your studies as planned.
- If your country is on the list, seriously consider applying to schools in other international destinations that will accept you: Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, France and others.
- If you are a dual citizen - US and one of the countries on the list, you will most likely be accepted. Though you may be detained and questioned upon your next entry to the US. Make sure to have legal backup just in case things get complicated.